Monday, March 29, 2010

It's a Celiac Thing - You wouldn't understand!

So I have figured out Celiac is a harder disease than it looks from the outside.  See I had been sick for many many weeks.  Finally my GI decided to go in and take a look.  Lucky me he started at the wrong end - UGH! but eventually did an endoscope on me which lead to my diagnosis.

I have to be honest though - if I could go back in time to the point where I woke up and my GI was smiling at me saying "Guess what!  We figured it out!  You have Celiac - All you have to do is stay away from wheat, barley and rye.  So basically just give up bread and pasta."  At that point I would look my GI dead in the eye and then punch him square in the nose!  Not because I do not like my GI - heck he's my favorite doctor and I still go see him.  Not because Celiac is a hard disease to live with.  No it would be because of what my GI said from "All you have to do is stay away......"  Who was he kidding!  Gluten is in EVERYTHING!!!!!

(written previously - and apparently on a bad stomach day!!!)  Just thought I'd share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment