Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Healthy in Body, Heart and Soul - the beginning

So let's start with my health.  I was diagnosed with Celiac in March of 2008. Recently I was diagnosed with AS (ankylosis spondylitis) as well. Before all of this I was told I have disc degenerative disease and poly arthritis. I have had countless surgeries in the past to include a hysterectomy and gallbladder surgery.  Medically I am a mess!

Physically I am a mess too.  I have gained way too much weight and I would love to say it's because I have all these medical reasons but reality is I've let myself get to where I am.  I know weigh at least 80lbs over what I should.  I tend to say well let me eat this and then I won't do it again and I'll get back on track or well I am really stressed out and need this food right now.  I have all sorts of excuses (running of your own- give me a call)!

Mentally - well I am tired.  I am stressed about daily life things (like everyone else), I still have my childhood "wrongs" to deal with (though I think I've dealt with most of them some keep popping up), I miss my mom who died when I was 17 and well - let's just say mentally I could use some pick me ups here!

So what does that leave - oh yea my soul.  That seems pretty important - so with all of this going on I want to continue my spiritual journey as well.  Where am I headed?  Well hopefully on God's path - but I guess we'll have to see.

So, on Monday after running some errands I was driving home thinking about my weekend.  Plain and simple it was tough.  I hurt so bad and felt very helpless about it all.  I ended up staying up until 2am last night and during that time I did a lot of thinking.  I thought about how I got to where I am, I thought about my past and all the pain and suffering I endured and I thought about why I wasn't moving forward to being healthy now in all parts of my life.

So the solution - I am going to blog my way to a healthy body, heart and soul!  I figured if I had to write it down and be accountable I'd be more than willing to follow through with it.  Truth be told - I am just tired of the pain, the weight, the emotional roller coaster, the diseases, the mental issues, and feeling lost spiritually - well I guess EVERYTHING and like my husband says "if you don't like it then fix it".

So I start my journey with a plan (well sorta).  I am going to start on my health first.  So I am reading up on a book by my doctor called "Diet for a pain free life".  I think I am going to start there.  From there who knows but at least I have a starting point!

So come along on my journey with me - let me know your thoughts, what you are going through and anything else you want to tell me about!  I look forward to moving well forward :)

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment