Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Health from start to finish

So let's be honest here - I thought I'd just jump on the health bandwagon and viola I'd be on my way.  Apparently that is NOT how this works!  Since I last wrote I have been getting better, getting sick, getting worse and now we are back to getting better.

I just went to see my GI doctor this week and found out that my system is just not adapting to having my gallbladder out!  Well there's a thought - my body not following the rules!  To better understand this let me go back and catch you up.

I went on the pain free diet my arthritis doctor put me on.  It was tough to get used to but I did it!  I started eating better and watched my pain level drop tremendously!  Then about two weeks ago I started getting sick again.  I originally thought I had that stomach flu being passed around and waited it out a few days.  When I realized it was getting worse not better I went to see my regular doctor.  She put me on some antibotics and medicine for a possible ulcer. 

An ulcer?  What?  Well it wasn't a shock to me. I have been working obscene hours, not sleeping and worried about EVERYTHING!  So an ulcer made sense to me.  I decided to be a good girl and actually take the medicine this time - hey there is a first for everything!  After a week of medicine and no improvement I decided to go see my GI doctor on Monday.

First let me tell you.  I absolutely LOVE my GI doctor!  He is fabulous!  My son calls him the GI Whisperer!  So I go in - lay out the symptoms, tell him I am hardly eating and have lost 15 pounds.  He says I think your body is not adjusting to your gallbladder surgery.  He starts me out on an acid neutrilizer and then will eventually put me on another medication to help my body deal with the bile being dumped into my stomach.  I know - GROSS!  But hey I am just calling it like he says it :)

So I took the medicine and saw immediate response.  So now I have to try to get back on track health wise and back on my pain free diet.  Not easy since I went back to sweet tea and ice cream to get through the last two weeks! 

Now this seems pretty easy right - just get back to it - you did it once it should be easy to do again.  Well here is the issue - mmmmm I AM STARVING PEOPLE!  Two weeks of not eating!  Are you kidding me I want to go eat EVERYTHING in sight right now. 

Well it's 3am - not a good sign but hey it is what it is.  I am going to start back on eating right today.  Wish me luck and pray I don't eat the frigerator contents before the family wakes up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment